Thursday, August 23, 2012

BLACK & WHITE FLOWERS

I have posted about my lust for black and white stripes, but now I want to share my adoration for black and white flowers. One pattern to be exact - Schumacher's Pyne Hollyhock print. I am in love with it. Ever since I saw Michelle Adams', Lonny Editor in Chief, office makeover in the May/June 2011 Lonny issue, I have been obsessed. I'm telling you now, if I have a baby girl, this will be what her nursery is based off of. It is so classic, but can be used in a contemporary way with the right decor and accent patterns. Check it out for yourself:

I guess Michelle Adams has a love for the chintz pattern as well, because she used it again in her New York apart in the recent issue of Lonny. She designed a fabulous, inexpensive canopy bed with some industrial pipe rods. I also love how she unexpectedly paired it with some leopard footstools. It is a daring combination, but it is perfect. 

New York Space's Magazine also featured this fabric in Joel Woodard's study for the Mansion in May Showroom and Gardens. His tailored curtains are beautiful in this black and white toned room. 
The Pyne Hollyhock print is available in three colors: charcoal, tobacco, and indigo. The charcoal is obviously my favorite, but I have found another alternative color-way produced by House of Hackney - Dalston Rose in navy. Another nice chintz pattern to keep for future reference! This pattern is available in a multitude of options too. 

6 comments:

  1. I love this b&w room with a mix of prints. I actually pinned it yesterday, but I loved seeing all the details up close in your post!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. For details, check out my blog! Happy Thursday, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great taste. I like all these prints.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. Super chic, especially with tons of crisp white. Great blog, now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.housedecorltd.co.uk/floribunda-fabric-collection---clarkeclarke-621-c.asp

    ReplyDelete