Friday, September 2, 2011

PATTERNS

Lately my eye has been drawn to rooms busting at the seams with patterns -- patterns on the wall, ceiling, curtains, everywhere. I am saying pattern instead of wallpaper because these beautiful designs can be translated into a room in more ways than just wallpaper. And I have been gravitating more towards these ikat inspired abstract patterns that blend together as a whole. 


I discovered this gorgeous ikat stencil through etsy and have been brainstorming on how I can incorporate it at Melrose. I finally settled on an idea, but I am not telling ... just yet! Check out these rooms covered head to toe with beautiful, intricate patterns. And - one of these images is the inspiration for the next DIY project!  Hopefully these rooms will get your brain turning and inspire you too.


I am a neutral fan but this blue and orange combo is awesome. I think there is just enough white in this room to keep it simple and not too bold. 



 via lonny mag

 wow - what a statement! I salute whoever braved this idea and just went for it!
 The black and white helps keep this wallpaper subtle without screaming fruit and nature.
all sources available through my pinterest home decor board

2 comments:

  1. great inspiration! trying to find a pattern i can live with for our bedroom and i love everything but settle on NOTHING. love your blog, cant wait to add you to our blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information about the blog. Beautiful Floral Moonstone earrings which displays the art of stone carvings at its finest. Beautifully carved grey moonstone flowers and Orange Moonstone briollite used with 925 sterling silver in this pair of stunning earrings.

    ReplyDelete