Thursday, April 14, 2011

WEDDING INVITES :: lacey shaffer howell

It is about time I am sharing these invitations! I did these last summer for a close friend, Lacey, for her wedding on lake martin. Her theme for the August wedding included lemons and limes. I decided to play off of the fruit and try my hand at the vibrant watercolor that has been so popular lately. I have posted about watercolor art here and here. I also decided to incorporate some of my own calligraphy, but keeping it simple and refined. I thought it was a nice contrast against the loose brushstrokes. Here is the final suite ...






We decided to do a fan for the program to provide the guests with a little breeze. They were awesome in heat of the summer! We also designed a custom embosser to match the invites that was used on the outer envelopes. I was quite happy with how they turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment