Monday, October 11, 2010

IN LOVE

This past weekend I headed South to my hometown for two cake tastings. It was fabulous and so delicious! Each baker gave us a sample + a small (6") cake to take home! In the end we had 4 mini cakes, so to say that I am "cake-ed" out is an under statement! My fiance even got to enjoy a little sample once I returned home.

While reading one of my favorite design blogs, Beast Pieces, I discovered these a-maz-ing invitations that I just fell in love with. Beast Pieces is the blog of the brilliant letterpress company Studio on Fire. They collaborated with designer Coral Pheasant to print her wedding suite. I could not be more jealous! Check out some of her images:




LOVE that buffet script! Not to mention, that sans serif accent type is the SAME one I picked for my suite, Estilo! Great minds think alike ;)I have always thought Estilo is simple and quirky at the same time.
Wow, that cream gauze fabric and gold thread is the perfect accent! Gray, cream, and gold - what color combo is better than that? Check out these awesome stamp collages! Now these must have taken some time and research - but worth it in the end!

Those vintage stamps are beautiful. I love the orientation of the envelopes as well - vertical, such a unique tough to this collection. I also adore the labels, of course!


Those sayings are so creative. I love the contrast of the beautiful script + the casual, fun phrases. This suite is definitely and inspiration and one of my favorites so far. I hope you enjoy as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment